Friday, November 21, 2008

Starting out with my first blog posting here and of course it involves mixed drinks.  My wife Nancy and I love bourbon.  We love Old Fashions and we love Perfect Manhattans. Here's how to make two. Put on some nice music then place two cocktail glasses in the freezer to chill.  Fill a mixing glass or shaker half full of ice then add 5 oz of either bourbon (suggestion: Jim Beam Black) or rye (suggestion: Pikesville Rye Whiskey). 1/2 oz Italian (sweet) and 1/2 oz French (dry) vermouth. 4 to 6 dashes of Angostura bitters and stir heartily.  Until the sides of the vessel ice up.  Retrieve glasses from freezer and strain the golden beverage of delight into each.  Add a twist of orange peel and enjoy! Cheers!
By the way I shot the Manhattan in the photo in my studio in the Sodo District of Seattle.

No comments: